Friday, November 13, 2009

looking back


a year ago today was my birthday - i was laying in a hospital bed in Hartford, CT recovering from my jaw surgery (a titanium plate & 7 screws attached to my jaw bone along with a mouth filled with metal arches wrapped in & out of my gum line with wire). I was alone, scared and uncertain. I would like to say it was uphill from there but honestly there was not much good in the next month and in fact the downward spiral continued until i found restitution in my younger sister's home in Maine.

here i am one day shy of my 35th birthday - clear across the USA in La Mirada, CA - gainfully employed and a roof over my head - another year as a survivor - drug free (prescription & recreation) - my head high above the water.

a year later - another year alive - another year to look forward too

ty
thank u
thank you
Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment